About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Friday 4 March 2016

I'm Back Home

What a crazy week! Some of it is lost without even being seen! Miss M and I left my SIL's flat on Monday at 4:15pm (London time) to catch an 8:35pm flight. 23 or so hours later, Tuesday had disappeared in a blink of an eye and we landed in Sydney at 6:30am (Aus-EST) on Wednesday. Miss M and I parted ways in Sydney and my connecting flight to Hobart had an extra stop in Melbourne which meant I didn't get home till 2pm on Wednesday afternoon.....that is some serious travelling time!

The Thames River seen from our Qantas A380

 My recent fear of flying has been dealt with though....thanks mostly to Qantas....still my favourite carrier!  The plane was mostly empty both going and returning so we were able to spread out a little. The food was good (I love that mid-flight "Weis Bar" snack!), the plane was very clean and the service was, as always, exceptional! even in economy.

Miss M and I had some great excursions which I would love to share with you. We visited a total of 6 Castles and one Royal Palace, the 1066 battlefield and various quaint little villages. I did not get into London....travelled 'under' it and 'through' it but only miss M spent some time in the city. I stayed firmly on the South side of the river with a few journeys to the east.

Do you recognise any?
Our first excursion was to the East Sussex town of Brighton....a place with such wonderful memories for me. I will be writing the blog post today and publish tomorrow....so I do hope you will come back for another visit.


 I have a surprise for you on Monday as well.....so don't miss "Design Board Monday"!

3 comments:

  1. That return journey is pretty bad!! Thankfully I don't need to hop on a plane to Hobart, but I do have a 2 hour train journey. Is the castle on the right the one in Portsmouth? Don't recognise any of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your trip wasn't too bad. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just clicking through from the 100 day challenge. It seems you have been having a wonderful time. I hope the weather is better where you are now lol.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...