About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 21 March 2016

Design Board Monday #26 - Cooler Weather

There are quite a few signs this week that Autumn is here and Winter is on it's way:
  1. The weather has cooled significantly,
  2. The leaves on the Poplar tree in the front yard are turning yellow,
  3. The Scarlet Robins have made an appearance,
  4. Snuggly balls of yarn are turning up....everywhere I shop.



I was in Hobart during the week for a very important date....it was my birthday and my nearest and deartest took me to the movies to see Maggie Smith in "The Lady in the Van"....in Gold Class, no less! Afterwards, on our way back to the car, I wanted to drop into the 'Reject Shop' (for those not in the know, it is a $1 shop) to buy some more micro-fibre cloths to back some bibs. While there I noticed the gigantic balls of chunky yarn and without thinking too long, I grabbed a few different colours.


I really would of loved to start crocheting a blanket I have pinned, but alas, I didn't have the right size crochet needle! There is always something, isn't there? I also bought some cuddly soft balls of chenille baby yarn but trying it out, it's obvious I will have to use knitting needles for that project as the crochet stitches are too hard to see.


In the meantime, I will have to stick to my stitching! I have achieved quite a bit while watching "Vikings" S3.....I do have to keep stopping to read subtitles!



What do you have to share for this week?

  • Link will be open until Sunday 27.3.2016.
  • Link anything that you are working on this week or over the past week....needle and thread is all it takes.
  • Please add a link back to Bits 'n Bobs as part of your post (why not get the button code from the side bar to paste into your post). This will help your readers finding the Link Up if they want to participate as well.
  • Please make the effort to visit other link users and leave them a comment. Leaving me a comment after linking up will help me know that you have been by and linked up
  • Other Link Parties are more than welcome to link up too!

Today I am linking up with Main Crush Monday, Monday Making and Stitchery Link Party....why not go and check these links out as well.

6 comments:

  1. I love the variegated thread in your stitching. It is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cooler weather, and your wool looks so soft & cuddly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love knitting, and your yarn looks wonderful. I never would have thought to put dollar store microfiber cloths on the back of bibs, wonderful idea! Enjoy your fall...we are just starting spring and I am anxious for some warmer weather and sunshine filled days. :) Thanks for sharing on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are those the Tulip Cottage threads you are using? That is just fabulous looking! desertskyquilts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I meant Cottage Garden threads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing accomplished around here on the handcraft front. Big mess with house projects. I just discovered Vikings! I'm going to have to go hunt down previous seasons.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...