About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Monday 29 February 2016

Design Board Monday #23 - Home Again

I am heading home today and will have to say goodbye to the rest of my family soon.  I will miss my mum especially. Now that she is getting older, each time gets worse.

I won't make it home in time to write a post for Design Board Monday so, one more time, it will be pre-written.

I made another gift for the lil' man....a cute bib.


I bought the fabric from Frangipani Fabrics some time ago and backed it with some micro towel cloths I found at the bargain shop. I am planning to make a few more for him after I come home...mainly because I needed my box of sewing supplies but I didn't have time to dig around for them before I left.  I also wanted to make sure the sizing is right for him. It won't take much to post them on.


The microfibre towel cloths worked a treat for the back of the bib and they were just the right size.  4 of them only cost me $3...I call that a bargain. I also found a microfibre pet towel in light pink and light blue....they were about $5 each. A good find since I searched Spotlight for a similar fabric in meterage but only found a very thick terry toweling.


I really wanted to use velcro as a fastener and I know I have tons of it but couldn't find it in my sewing room. I had to resort to using a snap button.  It does look cute though!


Does the fox I appliqued on the front look familiar? It is from the cover of this month's Homespun and is a teaser for the new BOM from  Natalie Bird....are you going to take part?  In the meantime, it was perfect for my bib.


I can't wait for my lil' man to model his new bib for me.....


You can find the pattern for this baby bib with a tutorial on Sew She Sews.

What have you been up to while I have been away?



  • Link will be open until Sunday 6.3.2016.
  • link anything that you are working on this week or over the past week....needle and thread is all it takes.
  • Please add a link back to Bits 'n Bobs as part of your post (why not get the button code from the side bar to paste into your post)
  • Please make the effort to visit other link users and leave them a comment to make their day! Don't forget me! I like comments too!


5 comments:

  1. How cute! I used to love making bibs and burb cloths. I guess those days are over for me; I don't even know anyone young enough to have children these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun bib!! I love both foxes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bib is so adorable. No participating in the BOM but that fox applique sure makes it tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. goodbye's are always awful

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how the zigzag detail adds to the texture on you sweet fox! I have some of the same fabric from buying a random 1 yard pieces from Craftsy, but haven't entered the 'sewing for youngsters' zone yet. Good ideas here with your project! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...