About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Stain Glass Window

You may not have noticed, but I haven't been around lately? I have been on a self imposed hiatus as everything was becoming a bit too much to deal with and something had to go. I have taken charge of the priorities and I am back on blogger today to post about my NewFO challenge for September which is hosted by Barbara at Cat Patches.

Earlier in September I did a book tutorial class with my usual posse at Quiltessentials. We all had to get this book which I had already bought a few months ago. The project we made is in the book. We just adapted it to our own requirements.
 Marilyn and I bought the same fabric, this gorgeous variagated rainbow batik
 while Lorriane went with a few different variagated batiks and Zita chose a whole range of batiks in blues and purples.

There was a lot of cutting and piecing and then cutting and piecing and..... repeat again to create the blocks that form the stain glass. I was so glad I got to do this step in class with a qualified teacher.

This afternoon I went down to the boardwalk at the bottom of our street to take some photos of the finished item
Every afternoon when we walk the dogs through here, I think how pretty the fallen leaves look on the timber walkway.......a great place to photograph a quilt.
While I was down there, I thought I would make use of the wooden bridge as well. There is no water around at the moment.

I am so happy with how these photos turned out. I may have to take all my quilts here for their photo sessions.
Before I go, I have to show you Zita's wonderful creation using this technique.  Three of us made one skinny wallhanging/table runner each but Zita wanted to make a lap quilt and here is her flimsy.
 not the best picture, but is is absolutely gorgeous!

Linking in to Cat Patches for NewFO Challenge
and; Vroomans Quilts for Lets Book It
Thank you for stopping by to read my post today, I hope to ease myself back into blogging and keep posting about my quilting journey and everyday happenings.




14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colours in that table runner. A and what fun to do a class with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Cath. It was only yesterday I realised you hadn't posted in a while. Perhaps I have ESP! LOL! Your table runner is lovely. I love the colours of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you have made it back to blogland,
    lovely runner, great fabric with all the different colours.
    great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIfe in general does get busy - I have been a bit lacking in blog posts and comments too..Love the colours & effect in that quilt - cant beat balis and blackfor strong colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an interesting technique - love the results. Lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cath, I had indeed noticed your blog was quiet...lovely to see your post pop up in my list... the most important thing is to look after yourself, everything else can wait... your runner has turned out simply stunning, well done, & the pics are gorgeous, lovely setting for them...
    Take Care x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cath - that is absolutely beautiful!!!! Love all the vibrant rainbow colors against the black "paning" - wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just gorgeous! I'm going to look for that book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning table runner, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Perfect pairing with backing fabric, and I love the variegated thread quilting on the black. So happy to see you come up in my blog list today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome colors in your table runner. It is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Far out Cath!! That batik fabric was made for that quilt. It looks awesome against
    the black. I see that backing is pretty yummy as well. Lovely project.
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work. I made a stain glass window table runner years ago for a friend. who promptly framed it and hung it on the wall - I think they make lovely runners.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...