About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Progress and Blog Parties

I am loving my new found motivation that the New Year has brought for me. I created my calendar last week for January and one of the challenges I gave myself was to finish a block of my BOM, Bric-a-Brac. I am happy to report that I have achieved this and I have the pictures to prove it.

 Here are some close ups:

Oatmeal Canister
Stacked Bowls

Eggcups
Milk Jug

I have just noticed that those little satin stitched beads on the milk jug cover are not very neat when you take a macro shot so I am going to back stitch around those.


I am preparing a couple of exciting posts at the moment.  One is for Barbara's NewFO Link Party which should be on the 31st January. There is no entry deadline for this party and if you want to learn more, head to her blog Cat Patches.....ps. say hello to Smitty and Gracie for me.....but don't wake Gracie up, she likes to nap!
The other post I am getting ready to blog is for the Grow Your Blog  Link Party at 2 Bags Full. This link will take you to the official sign up page.....but you only have today left to register. The Party is happening on the 25th January.
I am so excited to be taking part in both these Link Parties so I hope you will come back for a visit on those days.



5 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful stitches Cath !
    Those Blog Parties really look like fun ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitches look lovely to me - you did a great job on your block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Cath. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have cooked up for the NewFO Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's looking good. I must admit I'm feeling more motivated too at the start of 2014 - although I've been doing some house organising projects as well as sewing but at least I'm getting things done! Long may it continue :-) ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stitching and there is nothing wrong with the satin stitch

    Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...