About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Saturday 23 February 2013

TeDDy BeaR uPDaTe

A little update on my Teddy Bear Tea Party. I have come to the decision that it has to be pulled apart, yep, the ripper is going to be put into action.  I just can't bring myself to do it atm.


see, it is a cute look and at this stage I am pleased with the outcome. This was the first set of sashing, sewn alongside the piping.
It does look pretty, but the problems started when I started adding the longer side sashings, some of which didn't sew alongside the piping.

Yep, not pretty at all.  As we say over here in Australia......"NOT HAPPY, Jan!" so my decision is (as suggested by many of you).....IS TO KEEP CALM AND USE THE SEAM RIPPER


So this will not be crossed off my February Goal list.



5 comments:

  1. Well that's a bummer! I actually don't mind ripping out. It's rather calming if I'm in the mood ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. It will be worth it in the long run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dear! It was so cute and to have this issue pop up must be frustrating. You will definitely be a lot happier with it after spending time with the seam ripper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful work with the applique etc so you won't be happy unless you rip. I did my fair share of it last weekend, trying to finish a gift in time to post. It's one of those sewing lessons. Thanks goodness to who ever invented the quick-unpick! Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are making the right decision you wouldn't be happy with it otherwise and it is too pretty to forget about :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...