About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Saturday 12 January 2013

What a Hoot

Well it feels hotter than ever today and we are all shut away in the air conditioning as the best way to escape the heat. Miss M and Ted turned up today to take advantage of the cooler conditions.

I really felt like I had to do something today so I searched through my books and patterns and remembered this one that I got at the last Quilt Show here in Brisbane.

It only took me a couple of hours to make and though it was intended as a hand sewn project, I cheated, and sewed it together on the sewing machine.

Normally I hate reading instructions and usually fuddle along but this pattern had step by step photographic instructions on-line which made the whole process much easier to put together

Without further ado, here is my little OWL PURSE:
I will be putting this little guy into my gift box for the time being and I am going to look for some more of the hardware so I can make some more.  I think it is just so cute!

And it will hold quite a few pennies



Go here if you want to see some more of these designs

How about this photo that appeared on the news last night.  Taken off Western Australia where there is a cyclone off the coast.

PHOTO REMOVED

That orange is a dustcloud blown from across the Pilbara.

  
Make sure you read about my give away. Click HERE or on the icon on the sidebar.

16 comments:

  1. Cath your owl purse is so cute,well done and awesome pic.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the owl purse!Boy that dust cloud is huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That owl purse is adorable! When I first saw the last picture, I thought it was a tidal wave not a dust cloud! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your owl is adorable ,great little coin purse. Wow that photo is amazing as is the dust cloud , brave soul who took the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute little owl, and that photo of the dust cloud is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your owl is soooo cute! And the photo is amazing! I would not want to be the one taking the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The owl purse is too cute. That photo is spectacular ,thanks for sharing it. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute owl purse! Stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your owl purse is cute. What a wonderful idea as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your owl purse is cute. What a wonderful idea as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love your owl purse!! Such wonderful detail on it!!

    The weather shot is unreal!! I wouldn't want that coming towards me! Yikes!! But I do live in California USA where the weather is BORING!! :-)

    Stopping by from SewMany Ways!!
    Nonny
    www.notionsfromnonny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I have a golden lab also!! Aren't they the best dogs?!?

      Delete
  12. What a cute little owl purse and your photo of the dust storm is awesome! You're staying inside sewing because it is hot outside and I'm staying inside sewing because it is cold here :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Found you from Sew Many Ways:) Loving the owl purse! I wish I could sew, I would make so many:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How adorable. I love anything with owls! I need to learn to sew (its one of my goals this year). Found you via Sew Many Ways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your owl purse is gorgeous, it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...