About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Sunday 30 September 2012

One Weekend - Two Quilt Shows (Part 2)


As promised, here is the post about my trip to Maleny in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. Not very sunny today but at least we didn't have any rain while we were out.

The drive there was beautiful.  So much scenery to take in but nowhere to stop and take photos. I took this through the windscreen hoping to show how steep the area is.

We had a bit of a nasty incident  when we got into Maleny which threatened to spoil the whole day but we got over it. All I am going to say is that there is someone out there who definitely needs anger management classes.

Eventually we found the showground pavilion and the quilts were well worth the drive.  Apart from the difficulties taking photos (the aisles were so close together), there was lots to photograph. Several collages to follow.

so much stitching in the bird on this pic....and there were about 12 different varieties of bird on the quilt


the baskets above were paper pieced and each one was differently pieced.  some were the tiniest little squares....and so neat.

I loved the cat quilt in this selection but gave my viewers choice to the William Morris Design. The applique was exquisite and I also loved the colours.
The Lynette Anderson "home sweet home" quilt  above was very sweet and I think I might source the pattern and do it myself
I really loved the stripped quilt above.  It was so eye catching with the bright spring fabrics and I thought the addition of the ruffles was very clever and different.
The optical illusion quilt set in caleidoscopes was amazing and I awarded this my 2nd viewers choice award (which really belonged to Hubby). It was so well done that I struggled to see how the blocks were pieced together.

Yes, I really had a good time at this show.  Hubby and I had a toasted sandwich and coffee in town and I took some photos of this gorgeous little cottage garden outside the shops.
sweetpeas
foxgloves
And then back home with a detour to admire the scenery
Extinct volcanic plugs making up the Glasshouse Mountains
my "ticket" to the quilt show
I hope you enjoyed my journey.  The next quilt show will be at the Brisbane Convention Centre, mid October and that will be the last for the year.
 

3 comments:

  1. Aren't quilt shows just the best. So much inspiration! I love foxgloves. So very pretty .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures and what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous quilts! I really like them all but I am partial to the kitty cat one!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...