About Me

My photo
Australia
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, great-aunt and friend....and fur-kid mum I love Quilting, stitching, photography, cooking, baking, gardening, blogging and making new friends...stop by and say hi!

Tuesday 3 April 2012

A Daughter is a Gift of Love

As my daughter, miss M, prepares to fly the coop and leave me and hubby as empty nesters, it left me thinking about how much I am going to miss this girls thoughtfulness and companionship.....oh yes, I will still see her - often...she needs to eat!!! and we have agreed to have "date" nights but she will not be here when the girls do something cute and we "ooh and aah" over it or laugh until we end up crying. What if I spontaneously need some input on colours before stitching or if she is unsure about "whether this top goes with that skirt"? Who is going to perfectly straighten my hair before I go out?

And then I remembered this little gift she made me some years ago for my birthday. It didn't cost her anything as she used bits and pieces from around the house and in my craft room but it is a treasure to me and a priceless gift from my little girl!
The gift is a box decorated with my favourite landscape...the sea, and there are 22 little cards, in my favourite colour, decorated with shells and written on the back are the things she loves about me. Awww!










I love that she loves me, is appreciative of me, laughs with me, is supportive of me, cooks when I am too weary, straightens my hair, fixes my make-up, hugs me, spontaneously cleans up, is thoughtful to her brothers, ....................................I love that she is who she is!

Linking in with Melody's Tuesday Treasures today.  Head on over for a visit or or to join in.

Keep your needles threaded,

xoxoxox

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful daughter.Your box of her thoughts is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds to me like you are lucky to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful daughter. The thoughts box is such a touching treasure to have from her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cath. Your daughter sounds like an absolute gem. Our daughter is not too far off flying the coop as well and, while we have had the odd minor challenge along the way, I am treasuring every remaining moment before she spreads her wings and takes off. Cheers, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful treasure and one that expresses so much love. I was dreadful when my daughter left home....she didn't know that though because she was spreading her wings which is as it should be. Even though I see her all the time those times together are very special.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous post Cath.. Your daughter and her gift are true treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing present that is that your daughter made you. That's worth more than all the diamonds in the world. It sounds like a little distance will not lessen your wonderful relationship & it will make you proud to watch your daughter as she takes that caring nature out in to the world with her. Tracee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful daughter you have and such a special bond between the two of you. Wishing her the best of luck as she ventures out into the world but I don't think she will have any problems with such a caring nature. Sounds like Momma is going to be lonesome. Big hugs.

    ouroldhomestead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter also fly away next year. She is my treasure too ...

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments so please leave one....I try to get around to answering ALL comments. If you are having trouble leaving me a comment here...email me at cathquilts(dot)gmail(dot)com(dot)au

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...